Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting service suggests saving and/or sharing given content on a web server managed by a website hosting provider. There are various varieties of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's explore these. Thus, you can conclude what you want, based on whether you'd like to build a web page, mails, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by various firms, which enables you to share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only function is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web files in your browser. Free file hosting services are often supported by exhibiting adverts next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a specific spell of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly improper explanation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would share the load between separate packs of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different web site hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a type of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain vendors provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you wish to share an immense number of pics with buddies or acquaintances since the solution is typically free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to managing your mails. Some providers offer web hosting services for sites, but do not provide an email service. If you would like to create an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can set up electronic mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video file produces a given amount of CPU load, so with several video clips and several hundred website visitors, you may have a problem with your hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will enable you to run as many video clips as you want without bothering about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to keep a website. To a certain degree, it encompasses all of the aforesaid hosting categories since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and mails, upload videos, etc. At System X Designs, for example, you can have a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated hosting services that enable you to get all of the aforementioned services in a single location. There may be limitations depending on the sort of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse compared to the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are devised for specific content only.